Saturday, December 8, 2012

Winter Bucket List 2012



I decided to put together a Winter Bucket List this year. Since our move to North Dakota, we've realized Winter's are A LOT different than in Florida. Since we got here in August, we haven't seen temperatures in the 80's at all. Which is everyday weather in Florida (or higher!) and even Florida Christmas weather. So, our bucket list is going to be filled with lots of snowy outdoor activities! :D

1. Go on a drive through downtown and look at all the Christmas lights...all while listening to Christmas music. The kids love doing this :)

2. Decorate Sugar cookies....using my Maw Maw's recipe, to make us feel closer to home :)

3. Watch The Polar Express, sipping on Hot Cocoa....

4. Blow bubbles outside when it's below freezing!!

5. Take photo's of the kids wrapped in Christmas lights.

6. Send our packages & cards to very brave soldiers via Any Soldier . We've already started this and the kids were so excited to put things together for them. I need to post pictures of that.

7. Make a gingerbread house.

8. Have a snowball fight and go sledding.

9. Snow Angels as much as we can!

10. Make Snow Ice cream! I've heard it's delicious!

11. Make a family salt dough ornament.

12. Make cinnamon ornaments.

13. Make a snow globe.

14. Have reindeer pancakes.

15. Read the Nativity Story with my babies.

16. Keep an eye on what that little Elf's doing... :D

17. Make Grinch Floats & Grinch Cookies and have them while watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

18. Do lots of Christmas Kid crafts.

19. Make Reindeer cookies.

20. Make a peppermint chocolate roll cake.

21. Let the kids sleep under the Christmas tree one night :D

22. Get all our handmade gifts wrapped and sent!

23. Get a family photo in front of the Christmas tree.

24. Go on a sleigh ride!

25. Do all the cute Christmas footprint crafts, all over pinterest, with the kids! :)


I'm going to try my best to get all of these things done during December and January. Everyone of these would be a great memory :)

16 comments:

  1. I love this! Great idea.
    We made cinnamon ornaments a few weeks ago and the house smelled so yummy for days. Polar Express is our favorite, we watch it all year long.
    If you blow bubbles when it's below freezing, will you please take some pictures and share? I would love to see how that turns out.
    Have fun in the snow!

    Thanks for stopping by Snack Cups and Smiles,I'm following you back.

    Angie @ http://snackcupsandsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I will most definitely share pictures of blowing bubbles. I think it's going to be neat and the kids are going to enjoy that...Thanks again for becoming a new follower on here and FB! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara, thanks so much for coming by my blog and following along, I'm excited to see what is to come of your blog :) Have an awesome weekend and enjoy the snow, I know I wish I had snow to enjoy like that!

    Erica,
    P.S. I have a fitness blog over at www.fromthicktothinksanantonio.blogspot.com if you are interested in fitness come on by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erica! We are really enjoying the snow! And, I'll check your fitness blog out :)

      Delete
  4. sounds like a Christmas spirit filled bucket list! good for you..have fun!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annmarie! Love your blog...And, I'm following back :)

      Delete
  5. Very cute post, and I love all your great ideas for Christmas fun! I've never heard of this Any Soldier thing, but will definitely look it up-ANYTHING to show support for those men and women is on my list. I'm your newest GFC follower and am looking forward to following along. :-)
    Trinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trinity! I'm so glad you're following back :) And, Any Soldier is a great program! My kids love it! I'll have to post some pictures of us putting the package together and post the link :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by earlier! Happy to be following back. Love your winter bucket list. My January "Season's Best" link-up will have a winter bucket list theme, I'd love for you to share this post! (Here is the current link-up as well...you're welcome to share here, too.)

    http://www.fullhands-fullhearts.com/2012/11/seasons-best-christmas-link-up.html


    Thanks so much! Holli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holli! Love your blog and I will be happy to share it :) Thanks for following!

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love your list!!! I'm going to link it at the bottom of my own Winter Bucket List! :) (http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-winter-bucket-list-2012.html)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kara! Thank-you so much for stopping by at my blog {Sophie At Home} and becoming my latest follower! I am following your blog now too :) It sounds like you are going to have a very fun winter... all the ideas are great!
    Have fun! S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! Love your blog and thanks for following back :) My kids are loving everything!

      Delete
  9. What happens to bubbles if you blow them when it is freezing? I have never even considered trying that. We live in San Antonio, TX so I am pretty sure we will never be able to try it at home but maybe when we are traveling or something.

    ReplyDelete