Friday, December 7, 2012

Art of a Cast Iron Skillet

Ok, us Southerners always use a skillet. Now, some haven't mastered the art of cooking with a skillet, but they do attempt. Yes, it is an art. I used to be one of these people.
Seemed like I could never get that perfect temperature! But, that's all changed now!!

{Tip}
::::Stick to medium folks!::::

 I know, I know....it's rocket science right? Just keep it there and you will 99% of the time get great results. Now, every stove is different once it reaches that medium temp you can adjust accordingly because especially with frying you don't want to burn the grease. It stinks and everything tastes that way too!--believe me, I speak from experience. I always thought I had to be in a hurry for some reason, which caused horrible results.
Well the last few times I've cooked in the cast iron .... pork chops, chicken, and dessert, it's turned out super!! :D

 
Fried Porkchops
 
Original Recipe from Tasty kitchen, but was motified for us!

Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie

{I also must say I love, love love my skillet! This one pictured was handed down to us from my husbands Granny. So, it's pretty much seasoned to perfection and that's one of the great things I love about it....they can be handed down from generation to generation.}


No comments:

Post a Comment