Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's a Homeschool Life!




Just over 1 month of homeschooling and I'm not crazy! After not having a clue of where or how to begin, we've successfully completed 2 units for each subject and just started our Fall unit. The first 2 units we did though our regular curriculum, which is mostly Lifepac, Apologia and Horizons studies. Our Fall unit is mostly in thanks to Pinterest and Teacherspayteachers! With so many possibilities for Fall studies, we're going to have a month jammed packed of exciting apple & pumpkin studies including some great field trips!
 
At the beginning of this homeschool venture, I thought after a couple of months (especially with the big move!) I'd be (at times) ready to pull my hair out. But, honestly I'm loving it so much! Everything is coming easier to me as far as lesson planning and research. The one on one interaction with Madison's learning is really beneficial. Madison is breezing through all of our lessons and I'm seriously thinking I may need to go ahead and get some 3rd grade studies into play here! Math, Spelling, Art and Science are her favorites. And, yes it can be very trying at times with Jackson running around the house with our Chocolate lab, Barbie tagging along. There's lots (& lots) of times I'm juggling about 5 things at the same time. But, all in all we love it and I wouldn't have it any other way! 
 
I love being a Homeschool Mom!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment