Saturday, March 17, 2012

Farm Fresh Eggs!

We're backyard farmers!

We've recently added 6 new members to the Padgett family> Queen Elizabeth, Butterball, Twinkletoes, Goldie, Ethel & Drumstick.

My husband is still in the process of building the chicken coop. I will of course do the decorating! That's one of the most exciting parts, other than being able to walk outside and getting our very own fresh eggs. This was a logical decision with the costs of groceries now days! We're a family of four and eggs are a necessity....breakfasts, cakes, casseroles, etc. My husband and I have found ourselves becoming more self sufficient. And, I'm proud of that.

My kids have been checking on the chickens all day. They're only a few days old and my daughter is already asking when we will have eggs >>Quote "Yay, a way for me to make more money". We asked her what do you mean? She said, "Getting the eggs can be a new chore for me" I couldn't help but laugh.  I'm so happy she's excited about this.

 Hoping this will be a great experience! Happy Farming!

No comments:

Post a Comment