Thursday, May 30, 2013

Our 2nd Amendment Right!

My husband has been dying to get a .338 rifle for the longest time! We decided to head to Sidney, MT (which is only about 20 miles from us) to a local gun store. Low and behold we walk in and they had a Mossberg 4X4 .338. He was so excited and it was a beautiful gun. So, we bought it! We left there and took it straight to the grasslands, where we met a local landowner who said anytime we could help him out with killing some prairie dogs to do so! Prairie dogs are small rodents that make huge wholes in the land. These can be dangerous for cattle because they step off in the holes and break their legs and eventually die. I see lots of prairie dog hunting in our future, along with coyotes, deer, elk and many other animals.
 
 
 

 
The beautiful grasslands!

 
 
Sweet Maddie!

 
Target shooting

 
"Mama ain't scared!" is what a recent FB post said by my husband :)
I shot it 3 times! And, I have a big bruise to prove it. That gun kicks me like a mule! But, I love shooting and will do it again and again!
 
 
Jackson picked out these targets and we mutilated a few of them!

 
My husband dug up a couple of the bullets....look at the size of this hot lead! The bullet is probably about 6 inches long.
 
We had a great time and can't wait to do it again! My husand says we're doing some coyote hunting this weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment